Friday, July 17, 2009

Even in the valley....

"Even in the valley, God is good; even in the valley, He is faithful and true; He carries His children through like He said He would; even in the valley, God is good."

I'm in the valley today but truer words have never been penned. God is so good! Even when we walk through the "valley of the shadow" we need to remember that in order for there to be shadows there MUST be light and God is that light. This thought has been the one thing that has gotten me through today.

On a slightly lighter note (b/c who wants to hear about me being depressed, right?!) I got my application to Gwinnett Hall Baptist College completed today. I have to slap a picture on it when I get home and send it and the $40 application fee off tomorrow and then wait and see what happens. If I get accepted, I'll start classes on August 31 at their Powder Springs campus. I'm very excited but scared at the same time at the thought of undertaking a college degree and THEN life on the mission field at the age of 32 but its what God has told me to do so there's nothing else I can do except obey. Its a little daunting, though, to think about my age when I get done with school and am able to apply to a mission board but, if I start thinking about it too much I get really nervous so I'm just trusting God to work it out since He's been very clear on the course He has set for my life and the school He wants me to go to.

I pray that all of you have a great weekend. I'm going to get in some crafting with my Mother this weekend and make some homemade salsa because my tomatoes and jalapeno peppers are coming in like crazy and I've got to do something with them.

Love to all of you in Christ,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment