Monday, July 13, 2009

"Be strong and of a good courage. I will never leave thee nor forsake thee."

What encouraging words! The sermons at church yesterday were centered around Joshua chapters 1 & 2 and how to live without fear and how to have a transformed life.

I have always loved the book of Joshua simply from the vantage point that its a great story. But I'm finding that, as an adult, it has a much more special meaning to me. It speaks volumes to me through the lives of Joshua and Rahab and others noted in the book. It lets me know that God can use anyone for any purposes. I mean, who would have thought that God could use a harlot (a.k.a. a prostitute!) in the direct lineage of Christ?!!! If He can use Rahab, surely he can use me! If He can use Joshua, who really wasn't anyone special, to step into the place of Moses when he passed off the scene then surely He can use me!!!

The lesson for me, and for all of us, is to TRUST IN HIM! Do we (including myself here) really believe that God is who He says He is and can do what He says He can do? I have often said to folks that the same God that made a dry path through the Red Sea for the children of Israel is teh same God that we serve today and He can do the same things for us; He is simply waiting on obedience, faith and trust from us. After I get done delving into Acts, I'm moving on to Joshua!

God-fans, lets endeavor to treat God like we believe He is who He says He is and that He can do what He says He can do! Its tough but we can do it through Him!

Love in Christ,
Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog Stephanie! Keep trusting in Him and He will show you THE way...

    ReplyDelete