Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Be still and know that I am God."

First let me say taht I'm so, so, so thankful that He looks at me through the blood of Christ. Without that blood I would be on a dark, scary road to hell but, praise His Name, I am not!

My friends and I are singing in church Sunday morning and I'm sitting here listenting to "our song". We have so many songs but this one is "You Raise Me Up". As I listen, I'm reminded of a comment made by a Bible teacher while I was studying the book of Daniel. The comment was that when adversity comes, our God will either deliver us from the fire, through the fire or by the fire straight into His arms. Even if, in a time of adversity, God decides to call us home just think of how "raised up" we would be then. It pretty much sounds like that we're winners any way you slice the cake, which is just one more reason (of the trillion or so I can think of!) to be thankful for my salvation.

I think that this song is ministering to me because, on a personal note, I have a family member that is going through an extremely tough time. The tough time they are going through is making things difficult for several others in the family, myself included. I pray for them on a daily basis and find myself getting frustrated over their attitude and actions. I just really wish that they could grasp the concept in Isa. 40:31. Waiting on the Lord and doing things in His time is the only way to go. I know thats a hard thing for all of us to grasp but I've experienced it and it is a wondeful feeling and places you in a wonderful place. However, my family memeber doesn't pray things through that often. It just breaks my heart because they were raised in a Christian environment and have made a profession of faith but are living in the world and of the world.

I said all of that to say this: my heart is burdened and I'm trying my hardest to put into practice "waiting on the Lord." I really want to just smack my family memeber and do a little yelling at them and ask them just what in the heck is wrong with them but I know that would be completely counter productive and have the opposite effect that I would wish it to have. So, I'm just going to do like the first verse of "You Raise Me Up" says: "when I am down and oh my soul so weary; when troubles come and my heart burdened be; then I am still and wait here in the silence until you come and sit awhile with me." I know that He will come and He will give me clear direction in this situation, just pray that I don't loose my patience!

On a much brighter note, we have a special group of folks coming to our church for 3 weeks in August/September. Pastor Vladimir, his wife Virginia, son Tony and 2 wonderful young ladies, Kate & Valentina, will be here from a sister church in Moldova. We have a team that has been making mission trips to Pastor Vladimir's church for the last 6 years and God has worked it out so they will be to come here and worship & fellowship with us for 3 weeks and then head back to Moldova at the same time our team heads there this year. Can I just say that God is good?!!! I haven't ever been fortunate enough to go over on a trip but I will get that opportunity next year, Lord willing. I will, however, have the chance to work with them and help them out while they are here so I'm really looking forward to it.

Well, I guess I better get some work done! I'm thankful every day for this job and the folks I get to work with. This job and these people were truly an answer to prayer. God was exceptionally good to me when I was out of a job and has been more gracious to me than I ever deserve by allowing me to have this job so I guess I better get to it!

Love to you all!
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment