Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Do I glow for Jesus?

I know y'all are looking at the title to this post thinking "has she finally jumped over that edge she teeters on everyday?" The answer is no, I haven't!

I've been in the book of Acts in my quiet time lately and I've been studying the death of Stephen. The Bible says that when the Sanhedrin looked at Stephen he "had the face of an angel." He was glowing! My thought when I read those verses was "do I glow for Jesus? Can folks look at me and know theres something different about me?" The answer wasn't something I was very proud of. I try my best to exude Christ every day but my best isn't good enough.

I had an epiphany right about the time I was beating myself up and that was that, just as we must take care of our bodies to help them "glow" every day, so must we take care of our spirit so that it glows every day. We all have certain things that we do each day, whether it be working out, washing our face with a certain product, using a certain type of hair care on our hair, that give us our physical "glow" and so must we bathe in scripture every day in order to maintain our "Jesus glow."

I know this is a simple thought and one that we've heard before (maybe in other terms) but I'd never had the thoughts on glowing before so I thought I'd share.

I pray each of you have a wonderful day! May the Lord bless you and may His countenance shine upon you.

Love in Christ,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment